IOMeter Latency and Workloads
Version and / or Patch Used: 7.27.2006
Developer Homepage: IOMeter
Product Homepage: IOMeter
The first test we will run through is our Workstation scenario, with an 80/20 read/write distribution utilizing 8K transfers. Here you can see the WD Red did quite well, coming to rest at a very comfortable 160 IOPS at QD256.
The second test focuses again on an 80/20 distribution, but instead a mixed workload between 512-byte and 64KB. Here to my surprise the WD Blue jumped to the top of our chart, with our newly received Red close behind. Here the Red topped out just north of 160 IOPS.
Next up we have the OLTP/Database workload, covering a 67/33 read to write ratio centered on 8K transfers. Here again, we find the WD Red performing quite well, coming in above all comparable drives, minus the surprisingly quick WD Blue.
Above, we have our average latency from IOMeter. This is centered on 4K transfers and is the average from a run of three. Here we see the WD Red ready to work, coming in at 3.19ms in our write latency testing and refusing to hold back in the read portion as well at 8.11ms.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [WD Red 1TB 2.5" NAS HDD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BootRacer and Resume from S4 Hibernation]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - IOMeter Latency and Workloads]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- Dolby Atmos update coming for Xbox One S
- LinusTechTips makes $3,000 custom watercooled PS4
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software