As I said in the beginning, I was impressed with this chassis on paper, but to see it in my own hands takes it to a whole other level of awesome. The LEET is a hefty chassis, but it isn't much more than about five inches larger in one direction and a PSU width in the other than an ATX motherboard. What you are getting from Steiger Dynamics is a sleek, high-end, solid piece of hardware that even your wife will love.
Just as a chassis alone, the LEET is a serious chassis for any enthusiast to be proud to own and display thousands of dollars of equipment inside of. Funny enough, I have yet to touch on the screen, if you will (pun intended). The 7" panel isn't just something you can display logo's, see temperatures and fan speeds, but you can do everything there you could possibly want, without a remote, if set up properly. You can even set it up for kid friendly apps and such, and allow them to press an icon to watch Bob the Builder, Handy Mandy, or whatever fuzzy puppet show is hip these days. The touchscreen works for anything you could ponder, as long as you don't mind seeing it at 800 X 480 resolution. The reason I address that is because this can be an extended desktop space and play images or even videos if you want it to, your imagination is really your only limit here.
One of the cool things about the way Steiger Dynamics did this chassis is to cover all the basics in the original design, but to also offer their customers optional equipment build for this chassis, as well as offering buyers anything they can really think to go along with it as well. Like I said, the color of the chassis and the color of the logo are free options, and they all come with the screen, but you can stack up things like the LED lighting, the type of lid, PSUs, sleeved cables, cooling options from AIOs to full custom cooling like mine has, they offer a Couchmaster gaming table for living room gaming, even the mice and keyboards to go on it - all at an extra cost, of course. Steiger Dynamics surely came out with both guns blazing and is delivering users a whole other level in what an HTPC should be thought of as capable of doing.
The one thing that I can say is definitely going to keep this chassis out of the masses of home theater owners, even the living room gamers, is indeed the initial price of $799. In no way can I say that is affordable, but I can say you do get your monies worth with this setup. If you liked the chassis as it was shipped to me, with the additions of LEDs, cooling and the top panel window option, the LEET I received is priced closer to $1200 than the original $800 price point. This is why I definitely will stress that this chassis is the creme of the crop, with nothing currently being offered, and I am sure, as Steiger Dynamics grows, and they sell more and more of their cases and a system; who knows, maybe the pricing will become more acceptable to the masses.
My thought is that if you are building a new home theater or gaming rig for the family based around a 4K TV and a new HDMI standard, do you really want a mediocre chassis to display your goods, or do you want the LEET chassis to stand out by itself and make anyone who stops over start to drool and ask about it? That is right, you want the LEET. I could finish with something tacky about the name of the chassis and a play on words, but this chassis demands too much respect and is just that cool, that you don't even feel good poking fun at it; it is just that slick of a chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform