GX Gaming Maurus X FPS/RTS Approved Gaming Mouse
The left of the Maurus X has a defined ledge at the bottom to rest your hand against during usage, and just above it is a large rubber insert to ensure a better grip too. Along the top edge you will find a button marked M1 which is page back by default.
The back of the Maurus X reminds me of a classic car with the tall roof and wide fenders sticking out the sides. Notice both sides are evenly shaped to allow for both right and left handed users to get the same exact experience from this mouse.
The right side of the Maurus X is exactly what we saw with the left side with one exception. On this side of the mouse the button at the top edge is noted as the M2 button, and is defaulted to the page forward function.
The grill work, as I will call it, is aggressive looking, and if the centers weren't blacked out, I would have thought this to be lighted as well, but it is not. It is also much easier to observe the concave shape of the top buttons to help keep your fingers where they need to be.
At the top, between the right and left click buttons, there is a raised section of plastic that contains the scroll wheel and the DPI button. There are also the words Pro Game STYLE painted on the left click button.
I wanted to also get the entire top of the mouse in one shot so that you could appreciate the aluminum red stripes down the sides, and to see the scorpion that has been painted on in grey. There is also the GX Gaming logo, this will later be illuminated.
Under the Maurus X you again have the Pro Game STYLE and the scorpion around the eye of the optical sensor which is centered well. GX Gaming also uses two feet to allow the mouse to glide on with a smaller one to the front and a much larger one used at the back.
Coming from the front of the mouse you will find 1.8 meters of cable that has been covered in cloth braided sleeving. Along with a gold plated USB 2.0 connection, Genius also adds a Velcro tie strap for the cable if you ever need to travel with your Maurus X.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4