GX Gaming Maurus X FPS/RTS Approved Gaming Mouse
The left of the Maurus X has a defined ledge at the bottom to rest your hand against during usage, and just above it is a large rubber insert to ensure a better grip too. Along the top edge you will find a button marked M1 which is page back by default.
The back of the Maurus X reminds me of a classic car with the tall roof and wide fenders sticking out the sides. Notice both sides are evenly shaped to allow for both right and left handed users to get the same exact experience from this mouse.
The right side of the Maurus X is exactly what we saw with the left side with one exception. On this side of the mouse the button at the top edge is noted as the M2 button, and is defaulted to the page forward function.
The grill work, as I will call it, is aggressive looking, and if the centers weren't blacked out, I would have thought this to be lighted as well, but it is not. It is also much easier to observe the concave shape of the top buttons to help keep your fingers where they need to be.
At the top, between the right and left click buttons, there is a raised section of plastic that contains the scroll wheel and the DPI button. There are also the words Pro Game STYLE painted on the left click button.
I wanted to also get the entire top of the mouse in one shot so that you could appreciate the aluminum red stripes down the sides, and to see the scorpion that has been painted on in grey. There is also the GX Gaming logo, this will later be illuminated.
Under the Maurus X you again have the Pro Game STYLE and the scorpion around the eye of the optical sensor which is centered well. GX Gaming also uses two feet to allow the mouse to glide on with a smaller one to the front and a much larger one used at the back.
Coming from the front of the mouse you will find 1.8 meters of cable that has been covered in cloth braided sleeving. Along with a gold plated USB 2.0 connection, Genius also adds a Velcro tie strap for the cable if you ever need to travel with your Maurus X.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel teases next-gen Optane tech, requires Kaby Lake
- HyperX ships more than 2 million headsets in three years
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood
- New Final Fantasy XV content including 'booster pack+' release and NieR: Automata collaboration now available
- BC1 wins IF design award
- Battle trailer introduces NieR: Automata main weapon types