Once again ROCCAT has not failed to impress, and if you have yet to try one, the Kone Pure Optical may very well be the right mouse for you to try out. Not only do you get a slightly reduced size of a mouse with these newer releases, but the shape, feel and comfort is not lost in any way. While I thought the reduction may have made it a bit too small, it actually fits my medium sized hand really well, and with the Sense mouse pad under it, it feels more like an air hockey puck on the desk than typical mice. I found no reason to hate on the color scheme outside, nor do I think I am going to miss the strips of LEDs down the sides of the top section. Simpler is better in this case, but only in the design of the mouse, because once you add this fully comprehensive software that almost performs miracles for you, and just a little bit of imagination, the ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical is almost unstoppable.
For those of you who might think this design is a bit plain, lack the color to go with your current PC theme, or you just can't see yourself opting out for anything other than a laser sensor based offering, ROCCAT has you all covered as well. While I can't hit on all of the points for all three mice, I think the Kone Pure Optical we saw here today is going to swing some heads as people stop to check it out. The real shame is for the buyers, as they have no way to try the fit, feel, and get even the slightest idea of what this software is capable of. At no time during my testing could I find any reason to complain about this mouse. It glides like it is on a cloud on most surfaces, it is lighter and easier to maneuver, and it is designed to fit the hand really well - it was simply a pleasure to use in all the games that I tried. Not once was I left looking for another button or a way to make it do what I needed - most of the things I use were already built right into the software.
The Kone Pure Optical is packed with all the latest and greatest technology inside, and will allow for hours upon hours of pampered use of your right hand. This is both at the desktop and gaming level, as with all the pre-sets and buttons available to me, I have one for office commands, one for Pandora, and it still leaves me with three profiles I can dedicate to games. The ability to take this all with you on the go stored within the mouse also means you get to take all of this awesome everywhere you go.
Priced at $70, the ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical is worth all of that and some. I also suggest that if you have a spare $20, you should pick up the Sense Blue Meteor mouse pad as well, it gave the "slickest" feel for this mouse than any other of the six I use to test with and offers plenty of room to get your game on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Pure Optical Core Performance Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Inside the ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical Mouse]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [ROCCAT Sense Meteor Blue 2mm Mouse pad]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple to make the iPhone 8 thinner by using an AMOLED display
- AMD's Radeon RX 480 drawing too much power over the PCIe slot
- Diablo 4 is almost assuredly in the works
- Google's US-Japan 'FASTER Cable System' online, with 60Tbps bandwidth
- GeForce Experience beta features new interface, ShadowPlay upgrades
- asrock pro3 issues
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card