The main control tab of the software allows users to adjust the sensitivity, scroll speed, tilt speed (if you assign buttons for it) and five levels of DPI settings. Along with being able to change the double click speed, there is the profiled and the creation section at the bottom of all tabs.
The button assignment tab delivers you at this moment, the stock setting for the mouse with and without the EasyShift[+] button. Keep in mind that with the five profiles and 17 programmable buttons on each profile, that is 85 things you can make this mouse do at any given point.
Of course, you can add any sort of command that you can think of, and in case you are brain dead when this mouse arrives, ROCCAT has put in so many things to choose from right away, even if you did have an idea of something to do, you can easily get lost in a sea of options already here.
At the bottom of the button assignment page there is a Macro Manager button, which will bring you to the above screen. Not only do ROCCAT again provide a full assortment of all the hottest moves in most major titles, you also can add any basic Macro from this screen, or if you need time delay options, click on the advanced editor eye icon to do that.
In the advanced control tab, you get to pick the effect of the LED light under the logo, choose its color, and the polling rate on the left. To the right you can add or remove the sound feedback through the PC when certain things are changed, the pointer speed, and they even have a section to factory reset the mouse.
The R.A.D tab is to keep a record of your usage with the Kone Pure Optical. As you use the mouse more and more, you get rewards for certain steps along the way. Not only can you enjoy a collection of these trophies, but there is also an option to share them on the ROCCAT forums for some good hearted competition between owners.
The update and support tab offers a place on the left that shows what firmware and software you are currently running under a button that will take you to the main support page where you pick your mouse and see if there is anything newer. The Online Support button takes you to the main support page where you may enquire for help or service, and there are email and forum links they offer as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Pure Optical Core Performance Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Inside the ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical Mouse]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [ROCCAT Sense Meteor Blue 2mm Mouse pad]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017