The main control tab of the software allows users to adjust the sensitivity, scroll speed, tilt speed (if you assign buttons for it) and five levels of DPI settings. Along with being able to change the double click speed, there is the profiled and the creation section at the bottom of all tabs.
The button assignment tab delivers you at this moment, the stock setting for the mouse with and without the EasyShift[+] button. Keep in mind that with the five profiles and 17 programmable buttons on each profile, that is 85 things you can make this mouse do at any given point.
Of course, you can add any sort of command that you can think of, and in case you are brain dead when this mouse arrives, ROCCAT has put in so many things to choose from right away, even if you did have an idea of something to do, you can easily get lost in a sea of options already here.
At the bottom of the button assignment page there is a Macro Manager button, which will bring you to the above screen. Not only do ROCCAT again provide a full assortment of all the hottest moves in most major titles, you also can add any basic Macro from this screen, or if you need time delay options, click on the advanced editor eye icon to do that.
In the advanced control tab, you get to pick the effect of the LED light under the logo, choose its color, and the polling rate on the left. To the right you can add or remove the sound feedback through the PC when certain things are changed, the pointer speed, and they even have a section to factory reset the mouse.
The R.A.D tab is to keep a record of your usage with the Kone Pure Optical. As you use the mouse more and more, you get rewards for certain steps along the way. Not only can you enjoy a collection of these trophies, but there is also an option to share them on the ROCCAT forums for some good hearted competition between owners.
The update and support tab offers a place on the left that shows what firmware and software you are currently running under a button that will take you to the main support page where you pick your mouse and see if there is anything newer. The Online Support button takes you to the main support page where you may enquire for help or service, and there are email and forum links they offer as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Pure Optical Core Performance Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Inside the ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical Mouse]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [ROCCAT Sense Meteor Blue 2mm Mouse pad]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4