The mad scientists over at ROCCAT are always up to something it seems. Even with the fact that we just had a look at the Kone XTD just last month, it seems ROCCAT isn't even close to done with the Kone series of mice. As of late, they have introduced a full group of characters to add to the lineup. In this new group you have the vanilla Kone Pure with a laser sensor, the Kone Pure Optical we are about to look at for those with no need for laser sensors, and a series of Kone Pure Color mice, again with a laser sensor, but it comes in four color combinations. It seems ROCCAT is making sure they cover every need and want with this new design to me, and I can see this idea working well for them.
The whole idea behind all three players in this new group of mice is to limit the pomp and circumstance of the side LED strips, and decreasing the mice to 91% of the size of the Kone[+]. With this downsizing, there is the loss of one of the buttons that was offered on the Kone[+]. Other than that, all of these mice keep a similar feel and overall shape to the predecessors design, but on the inside they stay with the top tier components that we all expect in today's gaming mice offerings.
One of the most important things about these new mice that doesn't change is the awesome software package that comes with anything ROCCAT sells. This alone is one thing that no one else in the market has been able to recreate, and to me are the main reasons that people who do buy ROCCAT products end up making that decision. Combine that software with the simple idea of the EasyShift[+] button that doubles the mouse functionality and leaves you with endless possibilities in what a ROCCAT mouse can do to make your life on the PC as easy as possible.
For TweakTown and its readers to get familiar with this new idea, as I said, they sent along the Kone Pure in its Optical form. This is not to say that you are getting something better in the other two offerings in this series, because with the Color versions it is just that, the same mouse in a different suit and tie, and of course the Pure offers users both sides of the fence to choose from when looking at this new design, and covering all of your customers is just good business. On top of all of the ROCCAT goodness that I have liked since we were introduced, I really think that the pricing is on point, and yet another reason to get behind the Kone Pure Optical this early in my writing.
There just really isn't a way to camouflage the smile when I test their products. Join in on some of the excitement as we delve deeper into the Kone Pure and its counterparts as we continue to discuss this new release from ROCCAT.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Pure Optical Core Performance Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Inside the ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical Mouse]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [ROCCAT Sense Meteor Blue 2mm Mouse pad]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni