X-Micro should be congratulated for producing a range of networking products which are relatively cheap, definitely very stylish and simple to use and setup.
These combinations of networking products from X-Micro would be perfect for a home environment where you are looking to connect a few computers by CAT5 cable and have one or two other portable computers (such as notebook) which you want as part of your network, without spending a truck load of one hundred dollar notes on the project.
As far as the wireless adapters go, the PCMCIA adapter is far better than the USB - as proved by our testing results today. If you want to add wireless LAN capabilities to your notebook, you would be silly to choose the X-Micro USB adapter over the PCMCIA adapter. On the other hand, if you want to add wireless LAN capabilities to a non-portable computer, you are dead out of luck. While I've painted the picture of the X-Micro USB adapter as being useless, it will do the trick but with a few cons compared to the PCMCIA adapter - those specifically being reduced transfer speeds and higher CPU usage.
If you're looking to formulate a solid and cheap yet stylish home network with wireless LAN capabilities, the three products we looked at today from the Taiwanese X-Micro company should be given some serious consideration and thought for your home.
Easy to Use
802.11b Wireless Capabilities
No Gigabit Ethernet
No 802.11g Support
USB adapter slower compared to PCMCIA adapter
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Networking X-Micro Style - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Networking X-Micro Style - Page 2 [WLAN 11b Broadband Router]
- Networking X-Micro Style - Page 3 [WLAN 11b Broadband Router Continued]
- Networking X-Micro Style - Page 4 [WLAN USB Adapter]
- Networking X-Micro Style - Page 5 [WLAN PCMCIA Adapter]
- Networking X-Micro Style - Page 6 [Testing]
- Networking X-Micro Style - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream
- Manli announces its GeForce GTX 1080 Founder's Edition video card
- ASUS announces the ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080