Genius Speed Wheel 6 MT Pedals
Fresh out of the box, the pedals of the SW 6 MT are attractive and are made entirely of plastic, most of which is reinforced to take the pressure of normal usage. The pedals themselves are designed to look like a set from a high dollar race car, and there is a tire tread-like design to keep your heels in place.
There is a bit of an angle to bring the level of the pedals up without needing to increase the arms on the pedals, making for more travel to use. With this design not only to the arms go back when used, the tops also pivot to adjust to various sized feet.
Under the pedals there are just five rubber pads to grip to the floor. If you are on a hard surface, this does grip rather well, but will creep away over time. If you are on carpet, forget it, you need to set something behind these to keep the pedals from walking away during the race.
There is slightly less of the phone cable that comes from the pedals. Here you get roughly 1.6 meters of cabling with the connection on the end that goes into that grey jack, which I showed you earlier. If you have a small desk, you can wire this around back, but for larger desks, it has to run up through your legs.
At the base of the pedals you will find very thick and strong springs used for the pedals. There is a cross frame that acts as the stop for the arms, and keeps them from hitting the casing of this assembly.
I had to remove the pedals to gain access inside, and here as well Genius has used a spring to allow the pedals to roll a bit under the ball of your foot. There is a very beefy through pin and E-clip used to secure the pedals to the arms.
To help keep you from pushing the pedals through the floor, there are back stops for both pedals. The frame of this stop is made of plastic, but there is a thick rubber pad used to take the shock out of it when you do mash on the gas or the brake.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Horned Owl' APU arrives in 2017
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One Review
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now