Genius Speed Wheel 6 MT Racing Steering Wheel Continued
Both sides of the cover have a chromed section applied that shows three spokes of a rim with black insets in the voids to make it appear more realistic. I have to give it to Genius - this thing looks really good.
Under the SW 6 MT there are five suction cups that will grip very tight against glass or any other super smooth surface. So much so that when removing it, you think you are pulling way too hard to break the suction. I still suggest you use the provided clamps, if possible.
There is two meters of plastic coated USB cable with a normal UBS connection on the end. I do like that they also added a Ferrite choke to eliminate any cross talk in this cable.
Inside of the wheel all of the wires come together at this point. They also add some glue to the top to keep the vibrations it will make from shaking out these clips on accident.
Under the gear shifter, you can see three red switches to activate the forward, back and side motion of the gear shifter. I did not remove them from the white nylon component, but if I had to guess, I would say these are TTC branded switches.
As the base wraps around to the back, on the left side of the wheel, there is a port to connect the foot pedals via this phone jack style female connector.
Internally, all of the major components of the wheel and its housing are made of nylon parts. While much lighter than steel components, and more forgiving that rigid plastic, with this design, there is little to go wrong, and the gearing is tight enough that they should not strip out on you over time.
As the wiring leaves the center of the column, you will find the vibration motor that uses a plastic leg to transfer said vibrations up to your hands. This is a larger sized motor, and when allowed to run at 100%, it delivers a realistic feel when you run off the road or hit a wall at 150 MPH.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now