I haven't had that many steering wheels in my time gaming with racing or any sort of driving games, I much prefer to just use an Xbox controller for most of them. Part of that was due to the fact I bought one of the cheapest MadCatz wheels out back when Gran Turismo first started with the original PlayStation. Let me just say that the wheel was fun to use, but using it in the living room was more of a pain to use than it was worth. After that many years passed, and I was given the SRW-S1 from SteelSeries, and man was I blown away with what they provided. From my perspective, I look at it like this, I have seen some of the worst and some of the best in what has been around in a racing wheel. This means there is a huge middle ground to fill.
With that in mind, I saw that Genius had a press release for their new racing wheel. Now this is a table top model, and needs to be secured to a table to support the wheel and shifter to the right of it. Genius also delivered this wheel with vibration feedback to give stay at home drivers a much better feel for the road, as they slide from side to side on the tracks. They also dolled up this design with the use of bold colors and very easy to identify automotive touches to the external design. There is yet another half to this product, the foot pedals. These are average sized pedals, but there is only an accelerator and brake pedal, there is no clutch pedal with this kit.
Genius has been doing pretty well with the mice they have sent along for TweakTown review over the past year, and I have an idea we are going to be dealing with the same level of build quality and design elements that make their products unique against all of the masses of options out there today.
What I plan to do with the new Speed Wheel 6 MT is see if it can stand up to the rigors of racing, see if it is secure when correctly mounted to a desk, see if the foot pedals slide across the floor when used, see if it is accurate and free from input lag - all the things that a potential purchaser will need to know when looking at this sort of product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- A view from space: How Tesla Gigafactory grew in a year
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4