Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Available in three capacity sizes, the X210 is a little slower than the consumer specific Extreme II because more of the CPU is used to increase data integrity. Today we're testing the 256GB capacity size and the 512GB review will come out later. At 505 MB/s sequential read and 470 MB/s sequential write speeds, the X210 256GB is a strong performer in single drive SSD environments.
Unlike the other NAND flash used in SSDs now, SanDisk has yet to move to a 128Gb page size. The 16Gb page size on 19nm lithography is amazingly fast. In an age when SSDs are actually slowing down, SanDisk has managed to increase performance.
Introduced first on the Ultra Plus SSD, SanDisk's SLC layer built-in the MLC flash increases performance and does so in a nonvolatile way. The SLC area is dynamic in size and controlled by the Marvell controller that is also handles has a DRAM buffer to cache table data. SanDisk claims random 4K reads at 88K IOPS and random 4K writes at 60K IOPS.
The X210 product family also uses a new technology we've talked about off and on since CES and are very excited about - DEVSLP. On Haswell based notebooks and ultrabooks, DEVSLP reduces the power consumption of the SSD. SSDs are known for reducing power consumption over mechanical based storage, but DEVSLP extends the low power states. The trick is to keep resume times fast so the user doesn't notice a wake up event.
CDW has the X210, in all three-capacity sizes, in stock at the time of writing. The 256GB model we're looking at today costs less than $1 per GB, just $233.99. The X210 512GB is $409.99 and the 128GB is 135.99. These are OEM packaged drives, so they are sold as 'drive only'.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [SanDisk X210 256GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.