HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has gained popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
As of now, M.2 drives, both SATA and PCIe, use a driver provided by Microsoft built into Windows 7 and Windows 8. A110 supports ATA-8 / ACS-3 Standard register and command sets. At some point, we expect new drivers, either from manufacturers or from Microsoft, that are optimized for the faster interface. The performance we experienced was very good, but anyone who's compared the Microsoft AHCI driver to Intel's PCH SATA driver knows that performance gains are possible.
In HD Tune Pro's sequential read test the A110 256GB delivered more than 130 MB/s more performance than any other 256GB SSD we have in the charts today. The sequential read performance wasn't just a burst peak and then the drive slowed considerably. SanDisk designed the drive to deliver good sustained performance.
The minimum sequential write in HD Tune Pro was nearly 500 MB/s. The maximum and average were right around 550 MB/s. The performance average was over 100 MB/s over the SanDisk Extreme II, one of the fastest sequential writing drives on the market today.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
After a realistic number of random writes from the HD Tune Pro random tests, we measure sequential read and write performance with HD Tach, full drive span and 128KB blocks.
When reading data with the larger block size, the A110 took off to just under 650 MB/s. More importantly, the sequential writes didn't fall to the bottom of the chart like some of the newer controller / flash combinations do.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [SanDisk A110 256GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance