The ABIT SlotKET III supports the Intel Coppermine P3 processor with FC-PGA package and Intel Celeron PPGA packages. Using onboard jumpers JP1, JP2, JP3, JP4 and JP5 you are able to adjust the CPU Vcore from 1.3v to 3.5v. Using onboard jumpers JP6, JP7 and JP8 you are able to change the CPU FSB from 66MHz to 133MHz. Using jumper JP9 you can select which CPU type you have, eg PPGA (Celeron) or Coppermine (PIII). As you can see in the image above, the detailed jumper instructions on the back of the adapter casing makes changing the jumpers very easy compared to slot1 to socket370 adapters which only have jumper instructions printed on the PCB.
While the ABIT SlotKET III has excellent support for all socket370 processors it also has support for the not so popular VIA Cyrix processors. I can't see the inclusion of the support for VIA Cyrix processors making this product a best seller mind you.
As I noted earlier in the review, the ABIT SlotKET III provided me with the most easiest and quickest installation procedure out of any slot1 to socket370 adapter I have ever tested. The first thing you need to do is install the adapter casing (like Pentium II/III cartridge) which ends up allowing you to seat the adapter in the slot correctly without moving around or falling out. The installation of the black casing took around 2 minutes, using photos I have documented the procedure below...
Here is the plain adapter sitting on one part of the black casing...
Here is the other part of the black casing waiting to be pushed into the top left hole which you can just see above...
OK, here is a image of the casing fully installed, notice that the casing fits properly with all the jumpers, chips and transistors not being in the way of the black casing. This part of the install was very simple and took around 2 minutes. Now to setup the jumpers, I was pretty lucky, my ABIT SlotKET III came with the exact right jumper settings to work with my Intel Pentium III 700MHz processor. So, all that I needed to do was double check the jumpers to see if they were 100% correct. People with Intel PPGA processors will have to change some jumpers, this process should take no longer than 5 minutes and is made very easy with the jumper instructions sticker on one side of the black casing. If you don't know the Vcore and FSB of your processor I highly recommend you set the FSB and voltage settings to AUTO, this way the processor will automatically change the settings and there is no chance of you killing your processor. here's a image of the ABIT SlotKET III successfully installed on my dusty MSI BxMaster motherboard...
Two other things which should also be noted is the support for Dual CPU configuration, so say for example you have a dual slot1 motherboard and want to run 2x Intel Pentium III "Coppermine" 700MHz processors you could use 2 ABIT SlotKET III's in the one system. Also, the Zif Socket Lever is flat, so those huge Alpha heatsinks we all love will fit properly without riding on the lever like other adapters I have tried.
I can safely say to you all that the ABIT SlotKET III is the BEST slot1 to socket370 adapter card I have EVER used, it will now be a integral part of my Intel test system. It has a long list of pluses and no faults at all. We give the ABIT SlotKET III 9.5 out of 10 - Top job ABIT!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD