I fell in love with Patriot's FUEL+ 9000mAh Mobile Rechargeable Battery, giving it 95% in our review, as well as an Editor's Choice Award. It was that good. Now Patriot has sent me its 6000mAh model, which holds one third less charge, but comes as a thinner unit.
Starting with the price of Patriot's FUEL+ 6000mAh Mobile Rechargeable Battery, with Newegg listing it at $59.99, it's quite a steal. How much of a steal? Let's get into it. First, we'll quickly take a look at, and around the box and then the Patriot FUEL+ 6000mAh Mobile Rechargeable Battery itself. Everything about the FUEL+ 6000mAh Mobile Rechargeable Battery is the same as its bigger, and stronger brother. It comes with the same two USB ports - one in 2.5A, the other in 1A.
We'll quickly take a look at, and around the box, and then the Patriot FUEL+ 6000mAh Mobile Rechargeable Battery itself.
It comes with the same sleek one/red color which I've come to really enjoy. Something else I've come to love about using the Patriot FUEL+ charger is the 2.5A USB 2.0 port, which charges my devices super fast. We're talking roughly 20% charge on a Galaxy S4 in around 20 minutes, which is just super impressive.
Another thing I love about the Patriot FUEL+ chargers and their 2.5A USB 2.0 ports is the ability to daisy chain them together. Right now, as I'm typing, I'm charging up the FUEL+ 6000mAh model from the 2.5A port on the FUEL+ 9000mAh model. Plugged into the 2.5A port of FUEL+ 6000mAh charger is my Galaxy S4.
This means I'm effectively charging three devices, from a single power source, while charging two portable batteries that would give me approximately a week of charge without the need of a power point for my smartphone.
The best way of testing these mobile batteries is in the real-world, so I took my Patriot FUEL+ 6000mAh Mobile Rechargeable Battery away with me for the weekend to my sister-in-law's 40th birthday party. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone, and will see just how much charge I get out of it.
I used the Patriot FUEL+ 6000mAh battery to primarily charge my Galaxy S4 over and over again, with it lasting a couple of days of charging without a problem. I sat here writing this review on my MacBook Air, letting my FUEL+ charger charge up from my notebook.
The 2.5A port on the FUEL+ chargers is simply amazing to charge smartphones with, as they charge up in no time. I had my Galaxy S4 charge up from around 15% to full charge in a little over an hour, which is great. I did this nearly three times before the FUEL 6000mAh charger ran out of juice.
I thought we'd take a look at the 9000mAh model sitting next to the 6000mAh model, so you can get a good look of the chargers, and just how big the 6000mAh model is next to its bigger brother.
Patriot has done it again with the FUEL+ 6000mAh Mobile Rechargeable Battery, with a stylish look, quick 2.5A USB port, and 1A USB port for charging two devices at once. Patriot, you have won me over yet again, now where is my 20,000mAh version? *Big grin*
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- Xiaomi Mi MIX rocks its edge-to-edge display
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage