I fell in love with Patriot's FUEL+ 9000mAh Mobile Rechargeable Battery, giving it 95% in our review, as well as an Editor's Choice Award. It was that good. Now Patriot has sent me its 6000mAh model, which holds one third less charge, but comes as a thinner unit.
Starting with the price of Patriot's FUEL+ 6000mAh Mobile Rechargeable Battery, with Newegg listing it at $59.99, it's quite a steal. How much of a steal? Let's get into it. First, we'll quickly take a look at, and around the box and then the Patriot FUEL+ 6000mAh Mobile Rechargeable Battery itself. Everything about the FUEL+ 6000mAh Mobile Rechargeable Battery is the same as its bigger, and stronger brother. It comes with the same two USB ports - one in 2.5A, the other in 1A.
We'll quickly take a look at, and around the box, and then the Patriot FUEL+ 6000mAh Mobile Rechargeable Battery itself.
It comes with the same sleek one/red color which I've come to really enjoy. Something else I've come to love about using the Patriot FUEL+ charger is the 2.5A USB 2.0 port, which charges my devices super fast. We're talking roughly 20% charge on a Galaxy S4 in around 20 minutes, which is just super impressive.
Another thing I love about the Patriot FUEL+ chargers and their 2.5A USB 2.0 ports is the ability to daisy chain them together. Right now, as I'm typing, I'm charging up the FUEL+ 6000mAh model from the 2.5A port on the FUEL+ 9000mAh model. Plugged into the 2.5A port of FUEL+ 6000mAh charger is my Galaxy S4.
This means I'm effectively charging three devices, from a single power source, while charging two portable batteries that would give me approximately a week of charge without the need of a power point for my smartphone.
The best way of testing these mobile batteries is in the real-world, so I took my Patriot FUEL+ 6000mAh Mobile Rechargeable Battery away with me for the weekend to my sister-in-law's 40th birthday party. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone, and will see just how much charge I get out of it.
I used the Patriot FUEL+ 6000mAh battery to primarily charge my Galaxy S4 over and over again, with it lasting a couple of days of charging without a problem. I sat here writing this review on my MacBook Air, letting my FUEL+ charger charge up from my notebook.
The 2.5A port on the FUEL+ chargers is simply amazing to charge smartphones with, as they charge up in no time. I had my Galaxy S4 charge up from around 15% to full charge in a little over an hour, which is great. I did this nearly three times before the FUEL 6000mAh charger ran out of juice.
I thought we'd take a look at the 9000mAh model sitting next to the 6000mAh model, so you can get a good look of the chargers, and just how big the 6000mAh model is next to its bigger brother.
Patriot has done it again with the FUEL+ 6000mAh Mobile Rechargeable Battery, with a stylish look, quick 2.5A USB port, and 1A USB port for charging two devices at once. Patriot, you have won me over yet again, now where is my 20,000mAh version? *Big grin*
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99