What we're really interested in seeing today is the performance of the ASUS Maximus VI Impact against other Z87 Mini-ITX motherboards we've looked at recently. Two of those said boards are the MSI Z87I and GIGABYTE Z87N-WIFI. Along with those two Mini-ITX boards, we've also got the GIAGBYTE Z87X-OC, MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming and GIGBYTE X79S-UP5-WIFI to round off the collection today.
As always, before we get into the performance of the board, we check in and investigate overclocking. While no board has yet been able to give us 5GHz stable on our CPU, we always like to try it. With everything setup, we got into Windows at 5GHz with no problem. This isn't the first board to do this and getting into Windows isn't the biggest surprise. Although, we must admit a certain amount of shock when it fires straight up on a Mini-ITX motherboard.
Once in Windows, we fired up MediaEspresso to see if the CPU clock was stable. With little surprise, our system froze up fairly quickly. Heading back into the BIOS, we moved to the 49x Multiplier, which resulted in our CPU running at 4.9GHz. We headed back into Windows again, fired up MediaEspresso and completed it with no issue.
With everything looking good at 4.9GHz, we headed back into the BIOS to see if we could do a bit of BCLK fine tuning. To date, though, this has not been possible. Again this was a problem we ran into here and in the end you can see we ended up with a final clock speed of 4900.1MHz or 4.9GHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch specs until 2017
- Nintendo Switch may have extra power while docked
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system