What we're really interested in seeing today is the performance of the ASUS Maximus VI Impact against other Z87 Mini-ITX motherboards we've looked at recently. Two of those said boards are the MSI Z87I and GIGABYTE Z87N-WIFI. Along with those two Mini-ITX boards, we've also got the GIAGBYTE Z87X-OC, MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming and GIGBYTE X79S-UP5-WIFI to round off the collection today.
As always, before we get into the performance of the board, we check in and investigate overclocking. While no board has yet been able to give us 5GHz stable on our CPU, we always like to try it. With everything setup, we got into Windows at 5GHz with no problem. This isn't the first board to do this and getting into Windows isn't the biggest surprise. Although, we must admit a certain amount of shock when it fires straight up on a Mini-ITX motherboard.
Once in Windows, we fired up MediaEspresso to see if the CPU clock was stable. With little surprise, our system froze up fairly quickly. Heading back into the BIOS, we moved to the 49x Multiplier, which resulted in our CPU running at 4.9GHz. We headed back into Windows again, fired up MediaEspresso and completed it with no issue.
With everything looking good at 4.9GHz, we headed back into the BIOS to see if we could do a bit of BCLK fine tuning. To date, though, this has not been possible. Again this was a problem we ran into here and in the end you can see we ended up with a final clock speed of 4900.1MHz or 4.9GHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand
- Introducing LG XPower2 with high capacity battery designed for demanding users
- Enjoy incredible performance of AMD RYZEN with BIOSTAR X370GT5 motherboard
- COLORFUL introduces iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G Advanced video card
- Team Group introduces its fastest SSD for gamers with T-FORCE CARDEA M.2 SSD