Fractal Design does a decent job of providing the cables necessary to ensure that you can fully utilize the full 1000W. Aside from the obligatory 24-pin Main and ATX 4+4 connector, there are three PCI-E cables with two connectors each making it possible to power up to three high-end video cards. There are also nine SATA, two Molex, and a single FDD connector to make sure that all of your peripheral devices are powered.
The only issue that I see here is the lack of an EPS12V cable. Many who utilize 1000W units need the secondary cable for their motherboard and it just isn't present. Make sure to keep that in mind when thinking about this unit.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
The Tesla R2 1000W unit is designed to allow plenty of fresh air to circulate within the unit, while also having plenty of passive cooling to help keep the need for high fan speed to a minimum.
A pair of Taiwanese Teapo capacitors sits on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with a bunch more Teapo caps.
Active cooling for the Tesla R2 1000W uses Fractal Design's own 135mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now