Fractal Design does a decent job of providing the cables necessary to ensure that you can fully utilize the full 1000W. Aside from the obligatory 24-pin Main and ATX 4+4 connector, there are three PCI-E cables with two connectors each making it possible to power up to three high-end video cards. There are also nine SATA, two Molex, and a single FDD connector to make sure that all of your peripheral devices are powered.
The only issue that I see here is the lack of an EPS12V cable. Many who utilize 1000W units need the secondary cable for their motherboard and it just isn't present. Make sure to keep that in mind when thinking about this unit.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
The Tesla R2 1000W unit is designed to allow plenty of fresh air to circulate within the unit, while also having plenty of passive cooling to help keep the need for high fan speed to a minimum.
A pair of Taiwanese Teapo capacitors sits on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with a bunch more Teapo caps.
Active cooling for the Tesla R2 1000W uses Fractal Design's own 135mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD reduces price on Radeon R9 Fury X, Fury and Nano - Fury X now $589
- Star Trek DS9 Blu-ray campaign warps into view
- Humai wants to transfer your consciousness to an artificial body
- New chip could charge your phone in 10 minutes, Samsung interested
- 2nd-gen MSI ECO series motherboards debut
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family