Inside the Box
As expected with a budget unit, there isn't much to be seen on the inside of the box. The white specs are pieces of cardboard that have rubbed off in shipping because there isn't much padding inside the box. Still, everything arrived undamaged.
Fractal Design's logo is embedded in the top of the PSU case for a bit of flair.
This side simply tells you what the power supply is.
The other side gives us the I/O specifications.
Flipping to the back, we find the large honeycomb mesh grill for exhaust with AC input in on/off rocker switch. Note the beveled edges of the unit that add just a bit of style to the unit.
Turning things around, we find there isn't much going on in the front, but that is to be expected since there aren't any modular cables on this unit - there is some additional venting, though. I still have mixed feelings on venting in the front of the unit.
Power supplies with active cooling are very high positive pressure devices since there is only one fan blowing into the unit. With there being cooling vents in the front, this means that positive pressure is not only going to push the hot air out of the back of the unit, but it will push some of that same hot air back into the case as well, even if it is somewhat minimal.
The white fan adds a nice bit of contrast to the rubber mounted fan.
Included with the unit are a few Velcro cable ties, zip ties, mounting screws, AC input cord and user manual.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD