By now, most of us know of Highpoint Technologies. If you don't, where have you been the past 3 years? Highpoint made a name for itself back when the UDMA standards had just hit 66Mb/s. Highpoint was the first to market with the HPT336 two port ATA-66 IDE controller chip. This chip was first adopted by ABIT on the BE6 motherboard. From here this chip was pushed to the limits, and even modified to allow RAID on the IDE system - the first ever on a desktop motherboard. Highpoint revised the chip to support RAID functions without having to modify the BIOS. This is where Highpoint took the market on hard and fast.
From there it has been a non-stop ride for Highpoint, ATA-100 and 133 standards gave the company more ground, as it took quite some time for the standards be integrated into Southbridges, and if you wanted the newer speeds, you needed an external chip, and Highpoint was the chip of choice.
Serial ATA has now given Highpoint another bite at the cherry. The well known IC solution provider has been producing Serial ATA cards now for some time, but it's not their internal Serial ATA that we are impressed with, more so their external Serial ATA solutions.
So far there is no standard for external Serial ATA. Highpoint has decided to taken on e.SATA, a new external Serial ATA interface using existing Serial ATA technologies.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- MIT students build Jetson TK1 racecars for final assignment
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent