By now, most of us know of Highpoint Technologies. If you don't, where have you been the past 3 years? Highpoint made a name for itself back when the UDMA standards had just hit 66Mb/s. Highpoint was the first to market with the HPT336 two port ATA-66 IDE controller chip. This chip was first adopted by ABIT on the BE6 motherboard. From here this chip was pushed to the limits, and even modified to allow RAID on the IDE system - the first ever on a desktop motherboard. Highpoint revised the chip to support RAID functions without having to modify the BIOS. This is where Highpoint took the market on hard and fast.
From there it has been a non-stop ride for Highpoint, ATA-100 and 133 standards gave the company more ground, as it took quite some time for the standards be integrated into Southbridges, and if you wanted the newer speeds, you needed an external chip, and Highpoint was the chip of choice.
Serial ATA has now given Highpoint another bite at the cherry. The well known IC solution provider has been producing Serial ATA cards now for some time, but it's not their internal Serial ATA that we are impressed with, more so their external Serial ATA solutions.
So far there is no standard for external Serial ATA. Highpoint has decided to taken on e.SATA, a new external Serial ATA interface using existing Serial ATA technologies.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog