By now, most of us know of Highpoint Technologies. If you don't, where have you been the past 3 years? Highpoint made a name for itself back when the UDMA standards had just hit 66Mb/s. Highpoint was the first to market with the HPT336 two port ATA-66 IDE controller chip. This chip was first adopted by ABIT on the BE6 motherboard. From here this chip was pushed to the limits, and even modified to allow RAID on the IDE system - the first ever on a desktop motherboard. Highpoint revised the chip to support RAID functions without having to modify the BIOS. This is where Highpoint took the market on hard and fast.
From there it has been a non-stop ride for Highpoint, ATA-100 and 133 standards gave the company more ground, as it took quite some time for the standards be integrated into Southbridges, and if you wanted the newer speeds, you needed an external chip, and Highpoint was the chip of choice.
Serial ATA has now given Highpoint another bite at the cherry. The well known IC solution provider has been producing Serial ATA cards now for some time, but it's not their internal Serial ATA that we are impressed with, more so their external Serial ATA solutions.
So far there is no standard for external Serial ATA. Highpoint has decided to taken on e.SATA, a new external Serial ATA interface using existing Serial ATA technologies.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications