Accessory Port Layout and Performance
The left side, from back to front, features the heatsink exhaust, two USB 3.0 ports, SD card reader, another USB 3.0 port and four various audio jacks.
The right side, from back to front, features the disk drive and two USB 2.0 ports.
The backside, from left to right, features the Kensington lock, power port, Ethernet port, VGA port, Display port and HDMI port.
The GT70 produces an average USB 2.0 read speed of 29.7 MB/s, which is neither particularly high nor low. The system performs about average.
The trend continues with USB 2.0 write speed. The GT70 pushes out an average of 21.9 MB/s, again putting it in the middle of the pack.
As far as USB 3.0 performance goes, the MSI GT70 falls behind the pack, producing the slowest average read speed we've seen from any system with a throughput of just 76.7 MB/s.
The trend continues with USB 3.0 write speeds, putting the system squarely in last place with an average write speed of just 84.8 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Configurations and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [Keyboard, TouchPad, Screen and other User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives