Scythe Grand Kama Cross 2 CPU Cooler
I know it was likely just cover art, but I do notice that the pipes coming from the base are not nickel plated as the box shows, but there is a full stack of fins on either side to take the heat even if the pipes do tarnish over time.
From this angle, you can see the way the pipes bend and shift at the bottom to make it through the fin stack after crossing the other pipes in the middle. After they have all the fins pressed on to the pipes, they add a black fan support piece and then cap off all four pipes for a cleaner look.
The back of the cooler is identical to the front image. The 36 fins on either side are perpendicular to the fan to take on the air flow, but in these three sections of the array, the fins are bent and it redirects the air outward and down at the motherboard for added cooling benefits.
Just like with the other side, the fins are pressed on, but all of the pipes are offset to the left. This allows room for the X-Structure. Also it is noticeable that the fan uses screws to secure the fan rather than clips, making cleaning the cooler inside of a case just a little bit easier.
From the top of the SKC2, you can see that the fan makes the 140mm measurement for the north and south orientation, and the pipe caps make the 171.21mm of width left to right. With the black steel brackets and this fan, the entire top of this cooler is covered by the fan, and it should offer good results.
I removed the four screws and flipped over the fan so that the model number and power requirements were visible. This 4-pin PWM powered fan with its sickle shaped blades will push quite a bit of air through those fins.
Since the fan was out of the way, I thought I should show the six sections of the fins from the top as well. This allows for more fin surface area in some sections, while in others it offers more room for the fans air flow to gather a head of steam before it enters the fins.
I am a bit surprised to see that even thought there are some tight bends made, even as the pipes exit the base, these pipes are still rounded and don't have the tell tale kinks of other pipes we normally see in designs like this. That means that the vapor inside can travel much easier, hence upping efficiency.
The base is comprised of two pieces. There is the bottom plate which is nickel plated copper, but the top half appears to be extruded aluminum. At the top of the base you will see four tabs standing to give the cross bar of the H.P.M.S. system a place to grab onto the cooler and solidify it.
As the pipes enter the base there are some large gaps to fill. I think I see the slightest remains of some solder on the third pipe from the left as the means of contacting the base components with the pipes. This is yet another step to try to increase the efficiency of the thermal transfer.
The base is milled in a spiral pattern, but the base is left flat against the razors edge. Of course the surface has slight deviations in it from the milling, but nothing that would do any issues to the thermal results or the spreading of thermal paste.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Scythe Grand Kama Cross 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform