Installation and Finished Product
To use the back plate with Intel, first you need to line up the line on the through bolts with the flat side on each corner, and push them through and lock them into the back plate. Then you make sure the socket bolts have holes in the right place, and slide the back plate onto the motherboard. Since it already has rubber pads on it, there is no prep needed here to isolate it from the motherboard.
To hold the back plate and through bolts into place, you simple slide the plastic risers onto each of them, and they fit so snug, that they will hold the plate in place secure enough to continue on with the installation process.
At this point you need to apply the TIM, set the head unit on the processor with the mounting legs going around the through bolts. Then you just alternate screwing in the top nuts with the springs until you run out of threads.
It is easy to see, just like any other AIO, there are no issues with whatever sort of memory you are going to use. The same can be said that this cooler does not run into the heat sinks around it either, but there is also no air flow close to the motherboard.
Since the D-Frame has no rear chassis fan mounting position, I figured I would show the entire system completed without it. For the testing, I will have the radiator sitting on the top of the open framed chassis with the fans blowing upwards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone Tundra TD03 AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99