Installation and Finished Product
To use the back plate with Intel, first you need to line up the line on the through bolts with the flat side on each corner, and push them through and lock them into the back plate. Then you make sure the socket bolts have holes in the right place, and slide the back plate onto the motherboard. Since it already has rubber pads on it, there is no prep needed here to isolate it from the motherboard.
To hold the back plate and through bolts into place, you simple slide the plastic risers onto each of them, and they fit so snug, that they will hold the plate in place secure enough to continue on with the installation process.
At this point you need to apply the TIM, set the head unit on the processor with the mounting legs going around the through bolts. Then you just alternate screwing in the top nuts with the springs until you run out of threads.
It is easy to see, just like any other AIO, there are no issues with whatever sort of memory you are going to use. The same can be said that this cooler does not run into the heat sinks around it either, but there is also no air flow close to the motherboard.
Since the D-Frame has no rear chassis fan mounting position, I figured I would show the entire system completed without it. For the testing, I will have the radiator sitting on the top of the open framed chassis with the fans blowing upwards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone Tundra TD03 AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5: Forge PC footage debuts in 4K
- Battlefield 1's Rush features lots of vehicles, timer
- Access over 300,000 TV shows with SelectTV
- VW tease electric vehicle, 300 miles on 15-minute charge
- Defense Department wants AI war technology expansion
- Samsung EVO 256GB microSDXC Memory Card Review
- Asrock z170 gaming k4/d3 and the f-stream tuning program
- I Need A Fan Controller
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......
- Memory Slot Issue - Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
- HyperX introduces new ALLOY gaming keyboard
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop