The Twin Frozr has been at the front of MSI cards for years now and the latest Twin Frozr IV Advanced with its dual 10cm fans looks fantastic. Along with the massive heatsink that over hangs the top of the card, we can see a number of heat pipes coming out the bottom and the black PCB, something that always looks great on anything.
Moving around you can see as we swing around to the back we have the V-Check Points. Used in conjunction with the V-Check cables that are included in the bundle, you're able to get the true voltage of the GPU, Memory and PLL. While this continues to be something most people won't use, for those of you who go down the path of more extreme overclocking, this is indeed a handy feature and is used a lot.
Moving up to the top you can see that power comes from two 8-pin PCIe power connectors. This is definitely up from the standard dual 6-pin PCIe power connector setup that we've seen other companies to date offer from other GTX 760 cards. Staying across the top and moving closer to the front, you can see the standard dual SLI connectors in the event you want to run up to three of these cards together.
Finishing up with the I/O department, it's a very standard affair. We've got two Dual-Link DVI connectors in the form of a DVI-D and DVI-I. Along with them we've also got a HDMI Port and a DisplayPort connector.
Out of the box the GTX 760 HAWK from MSI carries with it quite a nice overclock. While like most companies they've chosen to leave the 2GB of GDDR5 alone at 6008MHz QDR. However, they've bumped the core up to a healthy 1111MHz, which is then boosted even higher to 1176MHz.
Being a HAWK card means we of course wanted to overclock it to see just what we could get out of it ourselves.
Starting with the core we eventually ended up at 1175MHz, which is then pushed even higher to 1240MHz via Boost. As for the 2GB of GDDR5, we managed to push that up to a healthy 6608MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Samsung and Qualcomm negotiating over Snapdragon 845?
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club