Accessories and Documentation
First out of the hardware kit is the back plate that is used for all installations since it has AMD mounting, Intel mounting, as well as holes drilled to accept socket bolts. For both sockets you are going to need the four threaded nuts and the retention clips to keep the nuts in the back plate.
You are also given a pair of mounting legs for all Intel sockets that are shown to the left. On the right is the pair of AMD mounting legs what will fit any AMD socket since AM2. All four legs have the same holes at the center to allow these to mount to the base of the CNPS2X.
Here you are given the LGA775 spacer, as well as a padded sticker for that placed next to it, and you are also given a Zalman case badge. The bottom row offers the four gold screws to mount the cooler to the motherboard, a packet of ZM-STG2M and lastly the four screws for to mount the legs to the base.
Inside of the manual you will find a list of precautions and the specifications chart on page one. On page two the components are all displayed and labeled so that as you continue through the manual, there is a point of reference if you get confused.
Page three offers instructions on applying the mounting hardware to the base of the cooler. It shows the cooler from the bottom as well as from the side so that the legs get put on correctly. Page four shows you how to set up the back plate with the threaded nuts, and also shows you what not to do.
Page five then covers the use of the padding material and the loading block, and just where and how to arrange them. Page six then shows that you set the back plate behind the Intel board, but on AMD systems, you need to remove the stock retention system.
At the end of the English instructions it shows how to secure the CNPS2X to the motherboard, and explains the S-pipe orientation, and concludes with an image of how to plug in the PWM fan connection to the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Zalman CNPS2X CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- AMD: GPUOpen could be used for smartphone, tablet graphics
- Galaxy S7 battery said to last two days on single charge
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform