Looking at the full picture, you may think this is in no way up to the standards the Athlon XP or Pentium 4 give us today, however, VIA is not aiming to take this out - not by a long shot. VIA's view of the EPIA is for the Home Theater and low end workstation market with a push on the office environment. At around $320 AU retail price on the latest VIA EPIA motherboards with just about everything you need onboard, it turns out to be a very cost effective system in the long run.
VIA's development on the latest EPIA core C3's has come a long way since the introduction of the original C3, and it shows in our latest tests. While still not able to claim current day game worthiness, it is worth more than a second or third look when it comes to an office station or home entertainment system. We look forward to future developments from VIA in this product area as they continue to improve.
Great for HTPC
Only one DIMM slot
No Serial ATA
Rating - 8.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter Nintendo Direct incoming
- AMD drops price on Radeon RX 460, RX 470 graphics cards
- Google's new Pixel is easy to repair, even the screen
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook