8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K v7 delivers an average of 404 IOPS at QD256, again exhibiting excellent random read speed in keeping with the previous generation of 10K Seagate offerings.
The average 8K random write speed of the Seagate 10K v7 is 361 IOPS at QD256, while the v6 delivered an average of 363 IOPS.
The Seagate 10K v7 again exhibits excellent performance characteristics in our mixed workload testing.
The Seagate 10K v7 falls into a slightly higher range with the majority of requests served in the 80-100ms range.
Power consumption for the Seagate 10K v7 averages 8.17 Watts during the test period, a difference of 1.61 Watts.
The Seagate 10K v7 delivers solid performance with an average of 43.7 IOPS per Watt in 8K random write, and an identical 43.7 IOPS per Watt for 8K random read access.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- New 'Justice League' trailer comes together
- BMW teases the next 100 years of vehicle technology
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse