Antec has stepped up the game a little bit here in the cable selection department. The PCI-E cables being available in different lengths are a very nice addition and some of it is due to how they have configured the 12V rails. Aside from the dual CPU connectors, there are six PCI-E, nine SATA, six Molex and a single FDD connector available for use.
The way the four 12V rails are set up are totally up to the user with the exception of 12V1. It must power the peripheral devices. The rest depend on what the user wants to do because of the use of the 16-pin connectors. Let's look at the front of the power supply again to explain this a bit more.
As you can see, each of the 16-pin connectors are powered by two different 12V rails. What makes this so special is that there are 8-pin and one 16-pin connectors that can be used to pull power from these. This means that you can choose to use 12V1 to power the 24-pin Main connector and 12V2 for the CPU power or you can swap them the other way as well. In the same token, you can also split the rails that power each individual video card if you wish. It really offers an unparalleled flexibility with the 12V rails and lets the user configure them to specifically fit their needs.
A Look Inside
Inside the unit we find that the HCP Platinum is a complete redesign. You can tell by the design of the unit and lack of significant heat sinks that the unit is meant to run cool from the start.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con bulk capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with a bunch of Nippon Chemi-Con caps.
Antec chose to cool the HCP-850 Platinum with the Delta AFB1312M 135mm fan.
Something that we don't normally see are additional heat sinks on the daughterboard for the modular connectors, but they are certainly present here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser dethrones 'Force Awakens' views
- Rocket League adds cross-play between Xbox One, PC
- AT&T begins enforcing broadband caps, offers $30 waiver option
- Revolutionize your drive with the Automatic Connected Car Adapter
- DOTA 2 now second game to support Vulkan
- Does this look like a good and compatible setup/buy?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac no display after resume
- H61M-DS2 Memory Problem
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition
- G.SKILL hosts OC World Record Stage and OC World Cup at Computex 2016, sponsored by Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA
- Logitech announces Ultimate Ears Roll 2 speakers
- EK Waterblocks GeForce GTX 1080 block now available
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs