Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Available in three capacity sizes, the ADATA SX300 is a full size mSATA SSD and based on the latest LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller. ADATA chose to give users the full capacity of the NAND flash for storage, but since the 2281 will use any unoccupied space for background activities, performance doesn't suffer from the lack of reserved space under typical consumer workloads.
The latest version of the SX300 uses the new B02 stepping of the SF-2281 controller. B02 uses a few manufacturing tricks that SandForce picked up from LSI and B02 uses less power as a result. ADATA purchases Micron NAND flash and packages the die. The latest SX300 ships with 20nm ONFi flash running in synchronous mode. This mSATA drive should produce very impressive power consumption numbers - we'll find out later in the review.
Performance wise, ADATA claims 550 MB/s sequential read and 505 MB/s sequential write speed. The 4K read IOPS is quoted at 25K and the 4K write maximum is 85K.
Newegg lists all three capacity sizes in stock and shipping. SX300 comes with a three year warranty. The package doesn't come with an accessory kit, but mSATA drives don't require anything fancy to start with.
The SX300 products don't come with an Acronis TrueImage key like the SX9xx series drives, something that surprised us after inspecting the package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [ADATA SX300 256GB mSATA SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.