Here we get our first look at the QNAP TS-421. The TS-420 looks identical other than the LCD screen behind the tinted window and the control buttons to the right of the screen. There are four easy to access drive sleds just under the screen. On the lower left side is the power and USB copy button that surrounds the USB 2.0 port.
The copy function is quite impressive for a consumer market device. To use the feature, you just plug your thumb drive or external storage into the port and hit the copy button. The data copy goes to a specific folder on the NAS and then you can access it from your other devices.
This side of the NAS has a vent to keep the processor and RAM cool. The TS-421 has a small footprint, so it will fit easily on a shelf or on top of a file cabinet.
The TS-421 has a quiet fan that keeps the NAS and the HDDs inside cool. Along the right side of the 421 is where we found the I/O ports. Two eSATA ports at the top, then two gigabit Ethernet ports, two USB 3.0 ports, a single USB 2.0 port and finally the connector for power.
The display shows more than just a welcome message. You can use the display and configuration buttons to set your NAS IP and several other settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [QNAP TS-421]
- Page 6 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1 HDD / JBOD]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 10]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 5]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 6 and Single Client Wrap-up]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Uber suspends self-driving car tech after Arizona crash
- GIGABYTE's new Z270X-Designare looks absolutely AMAZING
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse