Here we get our first look at the QNAP TS-421. The TS-420 looks identical other than the LCD screen behind the tinted window and the control buttons to the right of the screen. There are four easy to access drive sleds just under the screen. On the lower left side is the power and USB copy button that surrounds the USB 2.0 port.
The copy function is quite impressive for a consumer market device. To use the feature, you just plug your thumb drive or external storage into the port and hit the copy button. The data copy goes to a specific folder on the NAS and then you can access it from your other devices.
This side of the NAS has a vent to keep the processor and RAM cool. The TS-421 has a small footprint, so it will fit easily on a shelf or on top of a file cabinet.
The TS-421 has a quiet fan that keeps the NAS and the HDDs inside cool. Along the right side of the 421 is where we found the I/O ports. Two eSATA ports at the top, then two gigabit Ethernet ports, two USB 3.0 ports, a single USB 2.0 port and finally the connector for power.
The display shows more than just a welcome message. You can use the display and configuration buttons to set your NAS IP and several other settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [QNAP TS-421]
- Page 6 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1 HDD / JBOD]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 10]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 5]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 6 and Single Client Wrap-up]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives