Gigabyte uses a standard Award BIOS which controls its overclocking options.
Under the Frequency/Voltage control menu is where you will find all your overclocking and optimization settings. Under this menu you can change your CPU Ratio (providing it is unlocked), CPU BUS Frequency, AGP/PCI clock control, Memory frequency, DIMM overvolt, AGP overvolt and CPU overvolt.
CPU ratio can be changed from 8x up to 25x providing your CPU is unlocked; if it is locked, the frequency will stay at its default and BIOS will not let you select this option.
CPU BUS frequency is simply your FSB adjustments. You can change the bus speed from 100MHz up to 355MHz in 1MHz increments. APG/PCI dividers can be locked to their specific defaults to allow the best and stable overclock.
Memory frequency dividers can be changed depending on your CPU FSB. If you are running a 400MHz FSB or 533MHz FSB, your memory options are 266 or 333MHz. If you are running a new 800MHz CPU, you get 266MHz, 333MHz and 400MHz.
Now we come to our voltages which I must say I was quite disappointed in.
DIMM overvolt allows you to raise the DRAM voltage from its default of 2.5 up to either +0.1v, +0.2v or +0.3v. At max setting this only gives you 2.8v. While this can give a reasonable overclock, 3.0v+ is the expected norm for overclockers now.
AGP overvolt allows you to change your AGP signal voltage from its default of 1.5v for AGP 4x card or 0.9v for AGP 8x card up to a max of +0.3v. This comes in handy only if you overclock your AGP and PCI buses.
CPU voltage options are from your default voltage up to 1.76v in 0.025v increments. This does allow a reasonable voltage selection for Pentium 4 CPU's.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 3 [Features]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 4 [Overclocking]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording