It now seems that companies are starting to push forward on new automatic overclocking and optimization systems as a way to boost system performance without actually physically "Overclocking". With specifications allowing for small leeway in bus and voltage specs, it's only natural for companies to squeeze every last drop out of the spec speeds.
Gigabyte is the second company to bring optimization control to the desktop board, with MSI being the first with Core Cell. We see the GT technology as a step forward that most motherboard manufacturers will start to adopt as a selling point to the lesser informed PC users.
This is one of Gigabyte's best value motherboards that has been released for quite some time. Overclocking features were a mixed bag - great FSB selections and CPU voltage options were only soured by the low DIMM voltages.
Overall Gigabyte has put out a good motherboard for its starting line in the GT 2004 family that is due to come.
C.I.A and M.I.B technology
Native Serial ATA
CSA Gigabit Ethernet
Low maximum DIMM voltage
4 pin power connector needs thought
Rating - 8.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 3 [Features]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 4 [Overclocking]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA announces conference on discovery beyond our System
- Samsung teases Exynos 9; it could power the Galaxy S8
- Spectacles are finally available for online purchase
- Moto G5 and G5 Plus specs leak ahead of the launch
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league