PCMark 8 - Hard Disk Tests
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.0.0
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/pcmark8
PCMark 8 is the latest version in our popular series of PC benchmarking tools. Improving on previous releases, PCMark 8 includes battery life measurement tools and new tests using popular applications from Adobe and Microsoft. Whether you are looking for long battery life, or maximum power, PCMark 8 helps you find the devices that offer the perfect combination of efficiency and performance for your needs.
Overall storage score put the WD Slim near the top and just trailing the Seagate SSHD.
In WoW we found the Slim with a very respectable time of 132.6 seconds.
Battlefield 3 had the WD Slim coming in at 336.5, another chart topping performance figure.
Utilizing Photoshop under light use, the Slim allowed 219.4 seconds, a full 10 seconds faster than the previous generation Blue, and a full 20 seconds quicker than the competing Momentus Thin.
A heavy use scenario allowed the WD Slim 495.9 seconds, again 10 seconds quicker than the WD Blue, and nearly 35 seconds quicker than the Momentus Thin.
The Excel application trace has the drive at 25.4 seconds, again very close to the WD Blue and recently released Laptop Ultrathin from Seagate.
The PowerPoint trace had all of drives bunched in within seconds of each other, alas the WD Slim was first next to the SSHD at 26.4 seconds.
Lastly, the Microsoft Word application trace had the WD Slim drive at 49.7 seconds, very close to the Blue once again.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Western Digital Slim (WD10SPCX) 1TB HDD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BootRacer and Resume from S4 Hibernation]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- Blade Runner meets Fallout 4 in this amazing settlement creation
- Resident Evil 7 isn't a reboot, you play a powerless, ordinary person
- KFC's new meal box charges your smartphone with its built-in battery
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines