Samsung 840 EVO 750GB SSD
Samsung went with a new color palette for the EVO - the orange is gone, and matte gray and black are in.
A few product details are on the back of the retail package. Our sample at the bottom shows that this is a review sample and not for sale or distribution. The full on retail drive may list something else on the bottom sticker.
The bare drive version has a little more than just the bare drive. You receive two paper manuals, a software disk and two stickers.
Here we get our first look at the Samsung 840 EVO. All five drives look the same on the front.
The label on the back shows the capacity as well as the model and serial numbers.
The 840 EVO, like the 840 and even 830 before it, is a 7mm Z-height drive, so it will fit in many existing and soon to market ultrabooks.
The SATA power and data connectors, as well as the mounting points, are the same with 7mm as any other 2.5" HDD or SSD.
Our first peek inside the drive shows us that Samsung used a smaller than 2.5" PCB for the 840 EVO 750GB. The 250GB PCB was close to half this size.
Samsung makes the MEX controller, low power DRAM and 19nm TLC Toggle flash chips.
The 750GB capacity size uses eight flash packages in all, four on each side.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Samsung 840 EVO 750GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Power and Thermal Testing]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.