If you missed our opening article over the new Samsung 840 EVO product family, it's a good idea to go back and read through the pages. The Overview Editorial covers some of the fine details that we're only touching on in this review of the Samsung 840 EVO 250GB.
While not the most exciting product in the EVO family, an honor that goes to the 1TB model, Samsung must think the 250GB capacity size will attract the most buyers. The EVO 250GB is the only capacity size to ship in all three package configurations - Basic Drive, Notebook Kit and Desktop Kit. The 250GB EVO, priced well for 2013, competes with Crucial's M500, Seagate's 600 Series and various Team LSI SandForce players in the $175 to $200 price category.
In the overview article, I wrote about several different user groups who could look toward the 840 EVO as their next SSD. The 120GB and 240GB drives fit into the 'upgrade to OEM' market, notebook users and such. The larger drives overlap into that category, but are clearly more enthusiast / prosumer type products, due to the higher cost and capacity sizes.
With that in mind, let's take a look at the Samsung 840 EVO 250GB and see how it performs against other mainstream drives and how it compares against the best SSDs on the market regardless of price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Samsung 840 EVO 250GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.