Even with WD striking first, with their competing Ultra Slim drive, Seagate has come roaring back with the Laptop Ultrathin. More recently, we have seen manufacturers such as ASUS and Dell jump on the ultrathin bandwagon, choosing Seagate as the supplier.
Furthermore, Seagate's adoption of the standard SATA connector should allow for an ease in transition to 5mm mobile HDD's, and as we look in to the future, I fully expect to see more portable storage solutions from a host of manufacturers to use the Laptop Ultrathin.
Looking into the performance of the Laptop Ultrathin, at first glance we could see where things are a bit doom and gloom. The Laptop Ultrathin does not really stand out as a true performer in any category, but at the same time, it doesn't give up any of the performance we gained in the past.
With this, we have a drive that utilizes the 5mm Z-Height offering the performance of drives that are much larger in the 7mm and 9mm Z-Height arena. Looking back at the charts from previous pages, you will find the Laptop Ultrathin in the mix with all competing drives.
Pricing of the Seagate Laptop Ultrathin in the 500GB capacity is set at $89.99 USD with availability low at the moment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Laptop Ultrathin 500GB HDD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BootRacer and Resume from S4 Hibernation]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp to launch new high-end TV brand in US
- Musk says Zuckerberg has limited understanding of AI
- New iPhone 8 leaked renders allegedly show final design
- Note8 to have better optical zoom than iPhone 7?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 explodes and catches fire
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology