We're taking our first look at iBUYPOWER's next-gen gaming desktop. Specifically, we have the iBUYPOWER Paladin Gaming System in the lab to undergo our extensive testing and scrutinization.
The Paladin is a highly-configurable machine based upon the next-generation Haswell microarchitecture. You can select from a range of cases, components, and other configuration options.
Please note that PCMark 7 has been updated to the latest version, causing previous benchmark results to not be comparable. We have archived these results. Unfortunately, this means there are fewer systems to compare to.
Without further ado, let's dive into the meat of this review and see what the Paladin is made of.
Specifications, Configurations and Pricing
We've got a fully loaded version of the iBUYPOWER Paladin in our labs. It's equipped with Intel's latest Haswell-powered i7-4770K. It features a base speed of 3.5GHz and supports TurboBoost up to 3.9GHz. It's a quad-core part and features HyperThreading, meaning it presents eight threads to the operating system.
Cooling is provided by Corsair's H60 all-in-one liquid cooling set up. It makes use of a 120mm radiator combined with a water block and pump combo. The H60 should be more than enough to keep the i7-4770K's temperatures in check.
The 4770K is slotted into a GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H. This motherboard features support for CrossFire and SLI, making it the perfect base for a gaming PC. Three PCIe-x16 expansion slots allow for up to three video cards to be linked together using SLI or Crossfire. It features onboard USB 3.0 and SATA 3 6Gbps. The motherboard features red accents which are carried through with the RAM.
Two 8GB G.Skill DDR3 DIMMs are slotted into the motherboard's RAM slots, leaving two slots open for easy expansion to 32GB in the future. They feature red heat spreaders, helping to carry the theme of red throughout the entire system core.
Graphics are provided by an AMD Radeon HD 7990, which also features a red and black theme. The AMD Radeon 7990 is a dual-GPU video card meaning that it features two GPU cores on a single PCIe-x16 expansion card. Dual-GPU cards are usually power hungry and loud, so we'll have to keep an eye on how it performs in our different benchmarks. All of these components are housed inside an NZXT Phantom 630.
Windows 8 64-bit is the operating system pre-installed on our Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB. Users can customize the Paladin to come with various 64-bit versions of Windows 7 or Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. Storage is provided by a 7,200RPM 1TB Western Digital Blue drive.
Configuration is endless, thanks in part to the case. iBUYPOWER offers a high degree of customization. Individual components can be selected from different manufacturers for most of the major components in the system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Configurations, Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Bundle and System Pictures]
- Page 3 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 4 [CPU Tests]
- Page 5 [Storage Tests]
- Page 6 [System Tests]
- Page 7 [Gaming Tests]
- Page 8 [Temperatures, Noise, and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni