Thermaltake is most certainly known for quality in their high-end power supplies. We've reviewed quite a few of them here at TweakTown and have been quite pleased with them. We've also started taking a look at some of their lower-end offerings to see if they are just as worthy of your hard earned cash. About a month ago, we took a look at the EVO Blue 2.0 and were relatively pleased, even if it was a bit on the expensive side for what it delivered.
Today we have another mainstream unit from Thermaltake. The SMART 750W is most certainly meant for those that are on more of a budget, as it is significantly cheaper. It also lacks a few features from higher-end units such as modular cables, Over Temperature Protection, and a 50C power rating. There are quite a few out there that simply don't demand the absolute best out of their power supplies and just need something that works. That's right where the SMART series from Thermaltake fits in, so let's dig into this unit and see if it is just what the doctor ordered for those trying to save some coin.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Thermaltake's SMART 750W features a single 12V rail capable of delivering 62A of power or 744W. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are rated for 25A each with a maximum combined output of 130W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 3A or 15W. Maximum combined output for the power supply is 750W.
As stated above, the Thermaltake SMART 750W lacks a few features that we usually see from Thermaltake, but this is where you'll see several of the cuts needed to lower the price of a unit. The SMART 750W features SCP, OVP, OCP and OPP, but it does lack OTP. This isn't a huge deal so long as you make sure there is adequate airflow in and out of your case. The SMART 750W has all native cables and they are all of the flat ribbon type, including the motherboard connector. The Thermaltake SMART 750 W power supply is rated for 80 PLUS Bronze efficiency, but not for 100% continuous output at 50C. Instead, it is rated at 40C, which should be plenty for most of what this power supply should see throughout its life.
Thermaltake has an MSRP of $89.99 on the SMART 750W power supply. Some quick searching will save you quite a few bucks, dropping the price down to $65.99 shipped from CostCaptain at the time of writing. That easily makes the Thermaltake SMART 750W power supply one of the cheapest 750W units on the market. Thermaltake backs the SMART 750W with a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' trailer actually looks kinda fun
- Sony developing smart contact lenses with life recording
- Hitman patch lets DirectX 12 users play again
- Apple Music rumored to receive interface overhaul this summer
- Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC might have underwater exploration
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience