Inside the Urban S71
With the door screws removed and the panel slid back and pulled off the chassis, you get to see inside the Urban S71. This is the same interior found in the Chaser A71, but this time the fans are different. The wiring was nicely tied and run through a grommet to limit its motion in transit, and the hardware was found in the HDD rack.
There are three full on 5.25" bays, and all three use these tool-free clips that are very secure in locking in a device. The bottom bay has a built in conversion to allow a 3.5" drive to be installed, and the ODD rack is cut away to gain access to the screw holes.
Behind the 200mm fan blowing into the chassis you find a rack that will support five devices in these slide-out plastic trays. You will need to use screws to mount either a 2.5" drive or a 3.5" drive because there aren't any tabs to make life a little easier when mounting 2.5" drives.
Most of the chassis wiring starts at the same point, and if you don't care too much about the wires, you can leave them routed as it comes out of the box. Since there is 15mm of room from the chassis to the tray, plus the additional 15mm in the door panel, you can get quite a bit of wiring anywhere you want really.
After removing the front bezel of the chassis, you can see that the fan is mounted externally, making it very easy to access and clean. I did not remove this fan to see if there is 120mm fan mounting, but the specs chart made no mention of 120mm fan acceptability either.
Removing the top is a bit challenging, but under it you will find the stock TT-2030 fan installed. Of course so that you can fit all of the AIO solutions they provide in the Water2.0 kits, you also have the option to remove this fan for a pair of 120mm fans.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Thermaltake Urban S71 Full-Tower Chassis]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- We are looking for a professional YouTuber for video content
- Digitize Photos, Important Files, and More in 8 Seconds
- We are looking for a US-based news reporter, join our awesome team!
- How Fallout 4's perk system might work
- The fully-optioned Tesla Model X electric SUV costs a huge $143,750
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015