From what we have seen in the Chaser A71 chassis recently, there may be a few things that would keep someone from buying one. There is the light blue accent coloration that may not work with your build plans. There was also a really aggressive design with sharp points on the protruding plastic used on the top and the front bezel. The last reason may very well be that when you look for a chassis with a window, you want to actually see what is inside, rather than having to look through a 200mm fan. The nice thing is that Thermaltake may very well still have an answer for your needs as well.
Essentially, the core frame of these chassis designs follow right along with what was found in the Chaser series. This means if the feature set of the Chaser A71 and the layout on the inside of the chassis was something you could see yourself using, moving over to the Urban series gives you a similar foundation. Aesthetically things have changed with the external layout and design, to give a rounded, sleeker, and more subdued external look. I for one am one of those who really liked what the Chaser A71 has to offer, but the styling is too aggressive for my taste to spend any real-time on my desk, and from what I have already gathered in looking at the first Urban chassis design, I really like what I am seeing.
Today we are going to be looking at the largest and best equipped offering in the Urban series with the S71 full-tower chassis. For starters, things are much more rounded for a softer appearance, the light blue accents are gone, but Thermaltake kept things that are most important like great front I/O panel access and a HDD dock, but also does things like adding a front door, changing the windowed side panel, and even adding a basic fan controller.
From what I can tell Thermaltake is really stepping up their game with the release of these new chassis designs, and the Urban S71 is one of those chassis designs that will fit in to most decors or themes, and suits a much wider audience. This is never a bad thing to widen your market, and I really think it is worth the time and energy to stick with me as we get in depth with this new chassis from Thermaltake.
Editor Note: For this review we are using press images provided by Thermaltake. After the product was returned, we had an image disaster, which left us without our own images.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Thermaltake Urban S71 Full-Tower Chassis]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- WhatsApp to share user data with Facebook
- Domino's Pizza begins testing drone delivery
- The best way to rock out to premium audio anywhere
- 'Quite a few' of THQ Nordic's new games are from THQ IPs
- PS4 Slim: 1.84 TFLOPs, HDD swapping, no 4K or HDR
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- Asus Zenbook pro ux501vw touchscreen?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Is Bigger Always Better?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller