For years I've complained about power supplies not coming with a cable that reduces the length between connectors for hard drives that are stacked right on top of each other. They often leave three to four inches of extra cable between the connectors when hooking up four or five drives.
The CP06 cable prevents this, reducing the distance between connectors to about 1.6 inches. It also has two capacitors in the large end that connects to the power supply. This helps ensure constant, stable voltage to the drives that are connected to it. The CP06 cable has an MSRP of $9.99.
While this cable isn't power supply related, it can help clean up the case clutter a little bit. If you're like most enthusiasts, you adopt new technology quite rapidly. If you were an early adopter of USB 3.0 and bought a case that had front USB 3.0 ports, chances are that it simply has cables that run out of the back and plug into the rear motherboard ports instead of connecting to the header on the motherboard.
Throw the CP09 cable inside your computer and you can connect directly to the header on the motherboard.
You'll then be left with two USB 3.0 female connectors on the inside of the case. With some routing, you can almost make it look as if your case has wiring meant specifically for the header on the motherboard. The CP09 cable has an MSRP of $9.99.
SilverStone has come a long way throughout the years and has worked hard to define their place among the best of the best in the power supply industry. Going above and beyond is often what separates those at the top and those that are near the top. These little things are just what helped SilverStone get to where they are today as their customers greatly appreciate their offerings.
SilverStone has offered the PP04 and PP05 kits for quite some time now and I know many that have used them, especially in small form factor cases. They are relatively cheap, especially the PP05 kit, which has all the cables needed to completely rewire most computers. The PP06 cables, which are specifically for SilverStone power supplies, are a much needed addition, as they offer that custom touch to really make things stand out - I wish they were offered in more colors than just black.
The above statement is especially true since SilverStone offer the PP07 cable extensions in red and white. I see no reason why they shouldn't offer the PP06's in other colors, too. Add in the CP06 and CP09 cables and you've got a complete set of cables for any power supply and case to remove clutter, while adding a lot of style to your machine. The PP06 and PP07 cables can start to add up quickly in price if you aren't paying attention, but that is often the price of buying something premade instead of doing it yourself. Time is money, but saving time is sometimes just as expensive.
Overall I'm quite pleased with what SilverStone has to offer for power supply accessories, even if the prices for some of the cables are a bit high. I do hope that they not only continue making them for quite some time, but also expand their line to include more colors and perhaps an individually sleeved short cable kit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Samsung and Qualcomm negotiating over Snapdragon 845?
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club