There are quite a number of reasons to get into power supply accessories when doing some case modding. The first reason is to tidy things up on the inside. If you can clean up the cable clutter, you can increase airflow and reduce the temperatures inside your case by quite a bit. Aside from that, many do it for the aesthetics. Whether you're doing it to please yourself by taking pride in your work or to show off your awesome rig through the window in your case, the power supply can add or remove quite a bit from what you're trying to accomplish.
If you do it right, the above picture is something that is achieved through a lot of hard work and planning. The problem is that many don't want to go through that much work or they just might not have the tools and knowledge to make it happen. We previously published a guide on DIY Cable Sleeving, but what if you simply don't have the time or still aren't confident in your abilities to make things turn out the way you want them to?
SilverStone has a few possible answers to this, whether you own a SilverStone power supply or not. They offer both kits and extensions in various colors that will help most accomplish a much cleaner and better looking case interior.
First up on the plate is the PP04 kit. This kit is simply an extension of the 24-pin Main and ATX 4+4 connectors. These won't help with sleeving, but they will help with routing your cables. I can't count the number of times I've tried to route cables behind a motherboard tray only to find that things were just a few inches short of being able to keep things tidy while still making the connection, especially on the ATX 4+4 pin cable.
The cables aren't sleeved or labeled. They are simply an extension of what you've already got. What you see is what you get. Nothing more, nothing less.
Both cables will give you an additional seven inches of cable to play with. The MSRP for the PP04 cable kit is $12.99. These are fully compatible with any standard ATX power supply.
Sometimes things are just way too long and you're left with a rat's nest of cables in the middle of your case. It not only looks ugly, but it blocks clean airflow. The PP05 short cable kit will solve that. It is designed for all SilverStone Strider power supplies.
The back gives us the cables that are available on the inside along with their connectors and lengths.
The cables inside are sleeved with standard nylon mesh, but you can tell they are much shorter.
This chart gives you a good idea of exactly what is provided by the kit. There is still enough here to power a pair of video cards, along with plenty of drives. The PP05 cable kit will set you back $24.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars Battlefront, Need for Speed sequels teased
- Corsair One: a new line of tiny, but powerful gaming PCs
- WikiLeaks: Apple Mac, iPhone firmware hacked by CIA
- AMD Ryzen 5 processors hit some retailers, 3 weeks early
- Madcatz delisted from New York Stock Exchange
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse