Inside the Phantom 530
Unscrewing the panels, slightly pulling them to the rear of the case, and then opening them like a car door, is how these are removed. Out of the way, the interior shot looks impressive out of the box; there is a lot to cover in here.
The top of the bays drives is widened to allow for fans or a radiator above it, and offers room for three drives. The 5.25" devices then get held into place with the tool-free latches on this side, and can be backed up with screws on the other.
The hard drive rack is assembled with a three drive cage, a dual drive cage, and a single cage at the bottom. They are fully removable and customize their position to fit your needs, and the triple bay even offers an angled fan mount on it.
On the flip side of that coin, you could just get rid of all of them, along with the support plate at the bottom. This opens up both the front and the floor of the chassis to more cooling, and water cooling potential.
The top of the chassis has very little steel left with all the options. You can install a pair of 200mm fans, a pair of 140mm fans or three 120mm fans. There are plenty of options and plenty of room for water cooling in there, too.
Even the motherboard tray keeps with the angled theme with the oddly angular access hole. There are seven wire management holes, four of which have grommets in them. To tie up the wiring, this chassis offers over 20 places to do just that.
Under the PSU there are six feet to support it, four for the shorter units, and the two further out are for kilowatt or larger units. Between the feet the floor is louvered to allow cleaner air flow, and the dust filter is much appreciated.
The rear of the chassis has the 140mm white bladed fan to exhaust the chassis. I also like that the expansion slot covers are blacked out. This way they match the newer VGA brackets, and it breaks up the white just like the water cooling grommets to the left of them.
NZXT does offer some very basic management to keep the wiring from flopping around and getting damaged, but the sheer amount of space is impressive, not to mention the two cool features offered here.
Zooming in quite a bit, you can more easily see, what essentially is the Grid 10-port fan hub - just without the plastic covering included. Next to it you can find the +1 that was listed in the drive bays, and I will be using this for my SSD.
I like that NZXT took the effort to black out all of the cabling, and in it you will find what is shown here. There are the various connections for power and LEDs, Native USB 3.0, HD Audio, and a pair of extra fan power lead extensions for the fan hub.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Deep Silver will publish Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- How you can reel in high pay as a software tester
- J.J. Abrams teases imminent Portal movie announcement
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now