MSI Z87I Motherboard
Whenever it comes to ITX boards, it feels like we could just about work off this single picture above and cover everything. Let's move in a little closer, though, and cover everything in detail.
You can see a single PCIe x16 slot. Of course being the only expansion slot, it will run your video card at x16 speed, due to the fact that the likes of SLI aren't an option here.
Moving over to the memory slots, you can see we've just got the typical two DIMM slots present that support up to 16GB of DDR3 memory ranging from 1066MHz DDR to 3000MHz DDR via overclocking.
Turning the corner again and looking across the top, you can see the main 24-pin ATX power connector. Next to that we've got a USB 3.0 header and a total of four SATA III ports that run of the Intel Z87 chip. You can also see to the left side we've got a mini PCIe wireless card - it's the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 module with 2230BNHMW model number. This particular model supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Intel's Wireless Display technology.
Heading above the SATA ports you can see the main front panel connectors, which are split into two sections. You can also see the CPU power connector which is 4-pin, instead of the normal 8-pin option, which we see on larger boards.
Looking at the CPU area you can see there's not a whole lot to look at thanks to the board of course being quite small. As hard as you think it may be to install some heat sinks, we didn't run into any issues. You can see we've got a small little heat sink to the left side, bolted down. With limited room, though, you can't get anything too crazy going on.
Finishing our look up at the motherboard you can see we've got two USB 2.0 ports, along with a combo PS2 port on the left. Next to this you can see two little grey buttons, the bottom one is for the clear CMOS, while the top one is the GO2BIOS button.
Next we've got a DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-I port for video out options and above that we've got an optical out port to go with the six auxiliary ports, which run off the Realtek ALC892 audio codec. We can see four USB 3.0 ports and two gigabit networking ports to round things off - both LAN ports run off the Realtek 8111G controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Pandora announces Listener Love Day on Sept. 9, a day of ad-free music
- Xbox manager: 2015 shaping up to be best year of gaming since 2007
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015