Out of the box, the power draw on the MSI Z87I is fantastic, with an idle number that sits lower than all other boards we've tested. Considering the size of the board, we would expect the power draw to be lower, as there's just simply less to it.
When it comes to load, though, you can see that we're sitting in line with the other boards. Overclocking of course moves both numbers up, but with 85 watts at idle and 318 watts at load, these aren't exactly worrying numbers.
Checking out the CPU temperature, you can see we're sitting low and in line with the GIGABTYE Z87X-OC. Overclocked we see the load number jump up by a decent amount to 85c.
It's not quite as brutal as the 100c we've seen from some of our other boards recently, due to the fact that the overclock is both not as high and we're not pumping as much voltage through the CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform