Crucial M500 240GB SSD
Crucial put together an attractive package for the M500.
The package contents are labeled on the back of the box.
Here we see the top of the drive with the 7mm to 9.5mm adapter on top.
Crucial flips the label sides compared to every other manufacturer. The pretty label is on the bottom and the information label is on the top.
The 7mm form factor uses the same mounting points that the 9.5mm form factor uses.
The SATA power and data connectors are also in the same location so you won't have an issue using this product in your notebook ultrabook or desktop.
Here we get our first look at the inside of the drive. One of the first things you'll notice is the array of capacitors that works to flush the data in the buffer to the flash. This is important for host power fail protection.
There are 16 NAND packages on the 240GB M500, twice the amount found on the 120GB model, which we wrote about just a few days ago.
The same Marvell 88SS9187 controller was used throughout the M500 family.
To this point everything sounds really good, twice that of the 120GB model, but Micron choose to use the same 256MB DRAM buffer for the 240GB, the same used on the 120GB model.
The NAND packages are the same as the 120GB model, there's just twice the amount.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Crucial M500 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Power and Thermal Testing]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch specs until 2017
- Nintendo Switch may have extra power while docked
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system