There really is no stone unturned in the design of the Corsair Obsidian 900D chassis. From the moment I removed the plastic and foam and found all the edges taped, the window protected inside and out, and tape holding the front panels on so not to get lose and scratch things in transit, I had a good feeling. Then when you actually dig deeper, you find that all of the things that customers complained about in the 800D are certainly rectified. There are no wire management issues, Corsair nailed it this time. Adjustable flexibility in both the storage drive systems as well as the cooling possibilities, Corsair again knocks it out of the park. But there is still more. When you look at all the fine details like plastic trim on steel components inside the chassis to keep the parts for rattling or abrading, the magnetic dust filters, the funky box style dust filter in the front, I mean everywhere you look inside and out of the 900D, you are going to be very hard pressed to find fault with this design.
The case is just packed with features, too. Hot-swappable storage drives, tool-free bays, space, aesthetics, 15 fan locations, room for a pair of quad 120mm radiators and room for a triple in the front, you can almost cool a small car with that much radiator surface area. The fact that the stock fans are dead silent when the chassis is closed up is great for those who want to use this chassis as-is, but most enthusiasts who are going to pick up this chassis are likely to gut it anyways and add their own idea of a great fan setup for what they individually need.
At first I was going to pick on Corsair a bit for only sending four out of 15 fans, but when you think about it, they are saving us both time and money by going with just the four, and I am happy with that call being made. Surprisingly, with the four fans supplied with 12V, they were plenty enough to give me great thermal results, while only delivering 28dB of noise to the environment surrounding this chassis.
This is the best chassis I have had the pleasure of reviewing so far, and I mean the best of the best. I may be somewhat glowing with other product in other reviews, but this is really everything you need, want, and desire in a chassis as an enthusiast. And for the beginners, this is the chassis you strive to own one day. There isn't another chassis on the market currently that can stand next to the Obsidian 900D in features, room, attention to every detail, a great price, and what I would deem a flawless execution of design and technology.
At $349.99, I can see stock of these being an issue in the long run, because I think half of you that are still reading this are only about five minutes away from locating and purchasing your own. It is just that awesome, and this is the case of the year in my mind, and will be a tough design to beat for some time, pending any surprise additions to the market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD Crimson driver causing fan issues, hotfix incoming
- Apacer announces new Panther 2666MHz DDR4 RAM modules
- Police called due to altercation between eSports pro and journalist
- Amazon's new Prime Air drones deliver packages in 30 minutes or less
- Star Wars Battlefront weekend PC players doubled by Team Fortress 2
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis