Inside the obsidian 900D
Just the top section of this chassis is larger than a mid-tower chassis, and is almost a full-tower on its own. The lower section had drop out doors, but the steel hinges can be unscrewed to get them out of the way if you wish for the build process.
The chassis delivers four 5.25" bays with very secure tool-free latches on this side, and you can back these up with the use of screws on the opposing side. The top is used for the I/O wiring, but it is very clear of the bays and all four can be easily populated without conflict.
There are three storage drive cages, each capable of housing three drives. They can all be stacked on the right like a conventional case, spread along the floor on three stands that accept the racks - or remove all of them. The drive cage in the corner is also hot-swappable because of the back planes added to that cage only.
The top of the chassis comes fully ready to accept a quad 120mm radiator. Not only that, but with the large offset to the motherboard, you can do push/pull fans on even thick radiators and not have issues with the motherboard.
Glancing at the motherboard tray you can see the superb wire management this chassis brings to the table. Fifteen wire management holes in view, along with a few along the bottom separation rails, 12 tie points, and a rectangular access hole to allow for socket offset on the larger motherboards.
Looking again at the floor, but the left side of the interior now, you can see how easy two power supplies will sit back to back, supported with steel rails. You can also see the magnetic dust filter that is stuck to the inside of the lower side panel. These cover the full length and are found on both lower doors.
Inside of the rear of the 900D there is a deep inset back panel. This keeps the fan and the expansion slots shifted well behind the edge of the chassis frame, blocking access to the thumbscrews holding the slot covers in place. Corsair do send along a 90 degree screwdriver to alleviate this issue, though.
There is a bit of management done from the factory to show off the new wire clips system employed. You also find the 8-pin extension cable mounted to the tray. It is a bit tough to see, but the lower section of this side offers yet another quad 120mm radiator support, so we are up to two now.
All of the chassis wiring is black. The F_Panel wires are shorter, but have no issues reaching. The USB 3.0 is long enough as well, and the much longer USB 2.0 cables and the HD Audio connection connect without issue as well. Other than this there is the 3-pin connections for the fans, and the trio of SATA cables and the SATA power lead for the hot-swappable bays.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- MIT students build Jetson TK1 racecars for final assignment
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points