Our NAS test 'system' has migrated to a full 45u rack like what you'd find in a datacenter. There are ten servers that attack the target NAS with 120 Hyper-V installations of Windows 7 64-bit, each with a dedicated gigabit Ethernet port. The systems feed to three Extreme Networks Summit 400-48 switches that link together via Extreme Network's proprietary link cable system. One switch has a two 10GbE Xenpak adapters installed. When testing NAS products with 10GbE capability, the NAS connects to the switch via single or dual 10GbE courtesy of an Intel X520-SR2 installed in the NAS.
This level of testing wouldn't be possible without the help and support from several companies, many of which have little to do with NAS products. We would like to thank AVADirect, Antec, Corsair, GIGABYTE, Icy Dock, Kingston, LSI, Noctua, Rosewill and Western Digital for their much-appreciated support.
The Intel NAS Performance Toolkit (NASPT) is a file system exerciser and analysis tool designed to enable direct measurement of home network attached storage (NAS) performance. Designed to emulate the behavior of an actual application, NASPT uses a set of real-world workload traces gathered from typical digital home applications. Traces of high definition video playback and recording, office productivity applications, video rendering/content creation and more provide a broad range of different application behaviors.
TweakTown Custom 120-Client Office Test
The TweakTown Custom 120-client Office Test uses 120 Windows 7 Hyper-V installations and custom software to stress each NAS with traces from Microsoft Office tasks. Both throughput (in Mbits per second) and latency (in milliseconds) are measured.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [LaCie 5big NAS Pro]
- Page 6 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1 HDD / JBOD]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 5]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 6 and Single Client Wrap-up]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog