Our NAS test 'system' has migrated to a full 45u rack like what you'd find in a datacenter. There are ten servers that attack the target NAS with 120 Hyper-V installations of Windows 7 64-bit, each with a dedicated gigabit Ethernet port. The systems feed to three Extreme Networks Summit 400-48 switches that link together via Extreme Network's proprietary link cable system. One switch has a two 10GbE Xenpak adapters installed. When testing NAS products with 10GbE capability, the NAS connects to the switch via single or dual 10GbE courtesy of an Intel X520-SR2 installed in the NAS.
This level of testing wouldn't be possible without the help and support from several companies, many of which have little to do with NAS products. We would like to thank AVADirect, Antec, Corsair, GIGABYTE, Icy Dock, Kingston, LSI, Noctua, Rosewill and Western Digital for their much-appreciated support.
The Intel NAS Performance Toolkit (NASPT) is a file system exerciser and analysis tool designed to enable direct measurement of home network attached storage (NAS) performance. Designed to emulate the behavior of an actual application, NASPT uses a set of real-world workload traces gathered from typical digital home applications. Traces of high definition video playback and recording, office productivity applications, video rendering/content creation and more provide a broad range of different application behaviors.
TweakTown Custom 120-Client Office Test
The TweakTown Custom 120-client Office Test uses 120 Windows 7 Hyper-V installations and custom software to stress each NAS with traces from Microsoft Office tasks. Both throughput (in Mbits per second) and latency (in milliseconds) are measured.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [LaCie 5big NAS Pro]
- Page 6 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1 HDD / JBOD]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 5]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 6 and Single Client Wrap-up]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Unlock Android N's full potential with this top course
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- Xiaomi Mi MIX rocks its edge-to-edge display
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage