Aerocool Touch-2100 Touch Screen Fan Controller
Fresh out of the box with all of the wiring still tied snugly in behind the controller, you can see Aerocool also protects the screen directly with the layer of plastic that is still in place. You can also see three lighter bands on the screen that will enable you to touch in those bands to change various functions.
At the bottom of the black, brushed aluminum, face plate, between the Aerocool name and the Touch-2100 name painted on to the front, you have a pair of USB 3.0 ports surrounding a microphone and headphone jack between them.
Both sides of the controller offer thick steel sides that will allow you to easily mount this into a chassis with one of 12 choices to get it flush with the front of whatever chassis you choose to put this into.
I went ahead and unwound all of the wiring so we could get some idea of what is going on behind the scenes. The grey and black wires on the left are the five fan power leads that terminate in a 3-pin fan connector. The red and black wires are for the thermal probes. That leaves the USB, HD Audio, and the power plug at the bottom of the PCB.
Getting in much closer, you can see all of the resistors, capacitors, and Mosfets used to power each of the 25W channels in the Touch-2100. Far to the left you also have the LCD ribbon cable that powers, controls and illuminates the LCD.
The right half contains the pair of Elan chips, one for the USB controller and the other works as the MCU for the controller. There are surrounded with all sorts of power circuitry to break down across the PCB as well as the components needed to make the screen function.
At the end of near two foot of wiring, you have the five channel power leads for the Touch-2100. With these clips you can add splitters to power multiple fans on one channel, since they can push so much power per channel.
These two cables are about six inches longer than the rest to allow you to get to the bottom of most motherboards. If you don't have Native USB 3.0 support on the motherboard, it is reverse compatible with the USB 2.0 connector tied in the end. You also have the HD Audio cable, and while long enough, did have to run across the board for connection.
Now we are back to the shorter length of cables again, but this time there is the Molex power plug to give the controller all of its power. There are also five thermal probes sent to allow you to not only control the fans, but isolate temperatures so that you know if something needs turned up or turned down.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Aerocool Touch-2100 Touch Screen Fan Controller]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives