Aerocool Touch-2100 Touch Screen Fan Controller
Fresh out of the box with all of the wiring still tied snugly in behind the controller, you can see Aerocool also protects the screen directly with the layer of plastic that is still in place. You can also see three lighter bands on the screen that will enable you to touch in those bands to change various functions.
At the bottom of the black, brushed aluminum, face plate, between the Aerocool name and the Touch-2100 name painted on to the front, you have a pair of USB 3.0 ports surrounding a microphone and headphone jack between them.
Both sides of the controller offer thick steel sides that will allow you to easily mount this into a chassis with one of 12 choices to get it flush with the front of whatever chassis you choose to put this into.
I went ahead and unwound all of the wiring so we could get some idea of what is going on behind the scenes. The grey and black wires on the left are the five fan power leads that terminate in a 3-pin fan connector. The red and black wires are for the thermal probes. That leaves the USB, HD Audio, and the power plug at the bottom of the PCB.
Getting in much closer, you can see all of the resistors, capacitors, and Mosfets used to power each of the 25W channels in the Touch-2100. Far to the left you also have the LCD ribbon cable that powers, controls and illuminates the LCD.
The right half contains the pair of Elan chips, one for the USB controller and the other works as the MCU for the controller. There are surrounded with all sorts of power circuitry to break down across the PCB as well as the components needed to make the screen function.
At the end of near two foot of wiring, you have the five channel power leads for the Touch-2100. With these clips you can add splitters to power multiple fans on one channel, since they can push so much power per channel.
These two cables are about six inches longer than the rest to allow you to get to the bottom of most motherboards. If you don't have Native USB 3.0 support on the motherboard, it is reverse compatible with the USB 2.0 connector tied in the end. You also have the HD Audio cable, and while long enough, did have to run across the board for connection.
Now we are back to the shorter length of cables again, but this time there is the Molex power plug to give the controller all of its power. There are also five thermal probes sent to allow you to not only control the fans, but isolate temperatures so that you know if something needs turned up or turned down.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Aerocool Touch-2100 Touch Screen Fan Controller]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EU fines Google $2.7 billion breaking antitrust law
- Anthem is sci-fantasy, not sci-fi like Mass Effect
- Nintendo to produce significant stock of SNES Classic
- MEGA GIVEAWAY: AMD Threadripper 16c/32t Upgrade Kit!
- 4K gaming audience is 'too limited' for Nintendo
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller