Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Without and exact US price at the moment, it's hard to know exactly where we'll see the Palit GTX 770 2GB JetStream sit. If we look at Newegg, though, and compare to the competition, an educated guess would see the model sit at the $424.99 - $429.99 mark, which would line it up with other overclocked GTX 770s with upgraded cooling.
I think something we need to note when it came to the overclocking is that the video card didn't see a huge bump in speeds. 1180MHz on the core means that it is overclocked by only 30MHz. However, something that's really important to note, though, is the out of the box clock speed of the core.
While like most companies Palit have chosen to leave the memory clock alone, the 1150MHz overclock out of the box is one of the best on the market. We don't see anyone actually beat this clock speed, instead we see only MSI match it. It's worth noting, though, that the 1150MHz clocked MSI offering is a Lightning based card and carries a $449.99 price tag, making it the most expensive GTX 770 2GB on the market currently.
While we didn't test the out of the box performance, we know from the overclock we managed to achieve from the reference card what performance would look like. Because of a slightly higher boost clock speed, the Palit offering should come out slightly ahead.
The out of the box clocks, though, are what really have a huge appeal to us. While most companies sit below the 1100MHz mark, Palit has come out and offered 1150MHz out of the box. While we haven't been able to get much more than that when it comes to overclocking, the overall overclock was only slightly behind what we saw out of the EVGA video card we looked at the other week.
One of the biggest issues when it comes to Palit video cards, though, is getting one in North America is difficult - if not near impossible sometimes. This is something that's extremely disappointing due to the fact they produce some truly fantastic models. On the other hand if you're over in Europe, the Palit GTX 770 2GB JetStream can be picked up for 276 pounds ex VAT from Scan UK, which converts to $421.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes