WD Se Internals
The WD Se comes in a 3.5" form factor and has a SATA 6Gb/s connection. The PCB is fastened with multiple screws on the bottom of the drive. The drive has five platters, with 800GB per platter, on the 4TB model we are testing.
When we remove the PCB, we observe the thermal padding in the interior of the HDD. This allows PCB components to shed heat into the interior of the drive.
The Samsung cache chip holds 64 MB of cache buffer, and the Marvell 88i9346-TFJ2 controller sets atop the other components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- Battlefield 1 has shifting anthology style campaign
- Valve asked to pull No Man's Sky bullshots off Steam
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now